From November 11-17, 2018
Tobacco Free Allegheny, along with their partners, will be celebrating the 4th annual Allegheny Quits for Life Cessation Awareness Week!
PSA Video Contest
As part of the Allegheny Quits for Life campaign, Tobacco Free Allegheny is hosting a Public Service Announcement video contest for youth in grades 6 through 12 and college students.
Who is eligible?
Youth in grades 6-12 (ages 12-18) may enter as a team or as an individual.
Individuals enrolled in college pursuing a graduate or undergraduate degree may enter as either a team or as an individual.
What should our video be about?
Entrants are encouraged to use evidence-based research to make their videos factual and fun for youth. Entrants must choose one (or more) of the topics below:
- The dangers of JUUL/Vaping/E-Cigarettes
- The Tobacco Resistance Unit (TRU), a youth-led advocacy program run by the American Lung Association (ALA) and why youth should get involved in fighting against the tobacco industry
- The dangers of tobacco and why Allegheny County residents should quit smoking for life
- Tobacco21, the state-wide initiative to raise the purchase age of tobacco from 18 to 21
Does this have to be professionally filmed?
No! The most important part is to get your message across. We encourage you to write a script, practice, and/or use free video editing software (available online), but you may film with anything available such as your cell phone or digital camera.
- Videos may be placed on the Tobacco Free Allegheny, Allegheny County Health Department, and other partner websites, as well as used during the Allegheny Quits for Life Smoking Cessation Awareness Week (November 11-17, 2018).
- Winning submission will be divided into three divisions: grades 6-8 (middle school), grades 9-12 (high school), and college level.
- Videos should be short and to the point – about 1 to 2 minutes in length.
We MUST receive a consent form (located here: https://bit.ly/2tHw2Wx) from each person in the video for your submission to be considered.
Still have Questions?
Send an email to Tiffany Babinsack (email@example.com)