Instructions and Guidelines
As part of the Allegheny Quits for Life campaign, Tobacco Free Allegheny is hosting a Public Service Announcement video contest for youth in grades 6 through 12. Youth can enter as a team or as an individual and are encouraged to used evidence-based research to make their videos factual and fun for youth their own age. Entrants can choose from three topics to create a video:
· e-cigarettes and hookahs and the dangers surrounding them;
· the Tobacco Resistance Unit (TRU), a youth advocacy program run by the American Lung Association (ALA) and why youth should get involved in fighting the tobacco industry;
· the dangers of tobacco and why Allegheny County residents should quit smoking for life.
Entries should be submitted/posted by 11:59pm on October 30, 2016
Winning videos will be placed on the Tobacco Free Allegheny, Allegheny County Health Department, and other partner websites, as well as used during the Allegheny Quits for Life Smoking Cessation Awareness Week (November 13-19, 2016). Students can enter submissions as either a team or an individual, divided into two divisions: grades 6-8 (middle school) and grades 9-12 (high school).
Questions can be emailed to Brittany Huffman.
· All contestants must be registered as TRU members. Youth can sign up at truinpa.org/join-us.
· Entries are due to Tobacco Free Allegheny by 11:59pm on October 30, 2016. Any entry sent in after that time will not be considered.
· Each video must be accompanied by one Entry Form per team and/or individual and a Consent Form/Photo Release for each participant in the video.
· Entry forms can be emailed to Brittany Huffman in PDF format or submitted through Tobacco Free Allegheny’s website.
· Entries must fit into one of three categories:
- e-cigarettes or hookahs
- Tobacco Resistance Unit (TRU)
- dangers of tobacco
· All entries must be appropriate for all ages and not contain: profanity, violence or bullying, youth tobacco use/smoking, copyright or trademark infringement, or images that attack specific companies.
· Videos should be between 15 seconds and 1 minute long.